OR JUST PLAIN UGLY?

This entry was posted in Convention Center, General News, Lancaster Newspapers, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

CHILDISH WHIMSY?

The “I LOVE LANCASTER” design from R&R Studios is meant to offer some childlike whimsy to people walking into the library, said Chris Delfs, director of the city’s community planning and economic development department.
From a photo caption on the LNP article shown below (click here).
     Pictured immediately below is the “I LOVE LANCASTER” design; below left is the “NEW LANCASTER RAINBOW” design and on the right is “THE QUILT.”

12 Responses to OR JUST PLAIN UGLY?

All these designs are gay themed. Lancaster does have some residents that are not gay. This is not at all inclusive, says a lot about Lancaster.

Reading the comments on the city’s website these designs appear to be universally disliked. I’d venture to guess a large proportion of Lancaster’s gay community find these tacky and unappealing as well.

• Earl says:

Dude,
      It’s sooo nice to see someone who thinks like me ! I thought the very same thing but fought down the urge to post because I knew I’d be singled out and called a “Angry White Homophobic Racist “ ! I do think it’s nice colors and will brighten up our down town area ! Hope your day is going as well as mine.

Peace Brother,
      Earl

2. Benton Harbor says:

We have a School of Art and Design in the city. Why are they paying an out-of-state company to do this?

God that is really cheezy looking. And the software they use to present this example is cheapness personified.

Lancaster… Low budget and bland.

Repeat: They can’t get better. This is as good as it gets. Hideous. .

It looks so…so..Mayor Dickish. Step over the homeless and addicts passed out in Binn’s Park on your way to the library of the A City Authentic. Will beds be provided for the homeless when they hang out at the library? Oh mayor dickina. What fine job you’re doing!