** – * I PAY TO READ – DO NOT BLOCK ME!

This entry was posted in Convention Center, Lancaster Courts, Lancaster Newspapers, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

PRELIMINARY HEARING
THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 16TH

Miller

I have made it clear how I feel about the LNP series on “famous” murders and the current article on the murder of Laurie Show is sad, repetitive and ridiculous.
     This coming Friday, Claire Miller, 14, is scheduled to have her preliminary hearing before District Judge David P. Miller for the charge of murdering her 19-year-old sister Helen. The woman who answered the phone in the judge’s office this afternoon said the hearing is still scheduled and it will be held in the county courthouse in courtroom A at 1:30 pm.
This will become a “famous” Lancaster County murder case. She will turn 15-years-old on May 18th.

***

Campbell

**   Stephen Campbell, the Director of Public Works, needs to take a chill pill regarding personal delivery devices (PDD). For the third meeting in a row, this man talked and talked and talked about them. If the city has to approve every company that wants to use them it will be a paperwork nightmare.
     And Tony Dastra raised an interesting point – if local restaurants choose to use them people could avoid the additional cost of a delivery service like Door Dash.
     The world is changing. Drone delivery and personal delivery devices will happen. Get a grip, Campbell.

*    In the report of the mayor last night and her push for a county health department, Mayor Sorace said Lancaster County has more Chickenpox and Lyme disease than the rest of the state. How does she know this? Is it because of the Amish? Is it true?
***

SHAME ON LNP!

The above is what I woke up to. I have to google how to disable my ad blocker if I decide I want to. And LNP’s lead article this morning is at left. This is unbelievable. So much happened at last night’s city council meeting, and they have this one topic that fits LNP’s agenda and was pre-written by a correspondent! Shame on LNP!
     From last night’s meeting – Tony Dastra wants to be on the Traffic Commission. Good! Put him on the Traffic Commission. And Patrick Hopkins answered his question from last week about how much the city paid Wacker Brewing Company to get out of a ridiculous lease. And there were very important reports from interim police chief John Bey and also the Gateway Mental Health program and their work with county police departments.
     Someone else wrote the Mayor’s report on a county health department and I intend to find out who she plagiarized.
Click here to watch the video of last night’s meeting and please check back later today.

18 Responses to ** – * I PAY TO READ – DO NOT BLOCK ME!

Lancaster City is one of the few in the state that has it’s own health department and it’s own dog law enforcement officer and both are worthless. Lancaster City does its own restaurant inspections – as opposed to letting the state do them. We pay for that but – like everything else here – it’s corrupt. Same for dog cop … in the puppy mill capital of the world. Both taxpayer funded entities are in place ONLY to assist in cover ups.

• Earl says:

Then they need to start at home !!! I can not tell you how many times I’ve heard a black parent use foul 4 letter F word language on their small child. This includes the mother using it too ! Why go to a Children’s flag football game, sit behind my son with his young daughter and begin every sentence with F ing MFer ? If you want to be treated with respect you need to earn it ! My parents didn’t talk like that and I didn’t talk to my sons like that either !!!
      Sincerely,
      Earl

I can not tell you how many times I’ve heard a black parent

Earl- this statement is racist.

• Earl says:

Of course…….the truth hurts.
          I’m not making this up

The problem is you haven’t spoken to every black parent therefore , you’re taking a micro interaction and applying it to ALL black parents. You could just say a parent at a flag football game you don’t have to bring race into it because it has nothing to do with it.

If chicken pox and Lyme disease can be traced to Amish and refugees, Mayor Dickina with talk about bicycle lanes, and LNP will do a send-us-your-social distancing-pictures story. Those who post links that demonstrate Amish and refugees as the source will get labeled as Trump supporting ultra-right bigots.

If the county commissioners and their cohorts are corrupt, same with the city officials, why would I want these folks to be gathering my healthcare information? These are the last people I want involved in my healthcare.

Could it be , chickenpox outbreak from refugees and children from all over state shipped to youth intervention center.

5. anon says:

BTW, Chickenpox is higher than the state, but Lyme disease and every other disease is lower. And the chickenpox percentage is only slightly higher than the state average. Lancaster also has the highest percentage of vaccine exemptions of any of the surrounding Counties, which is the obvious source of this slight uptick.

So while we may or may not need a County health department, the Mayor is obviously cherry-picking data and attempting to make the situation seem dire. The fact that the City, and the Democratically controlled Manheim Township Council are the two municipalities driving this point at least brings into question the political motivations.

What’s weird is that all that information took five minutes of googling, with LNP being one source, yet the newspaper can’t bother to fact check its own work.

6. anon says:

Did Hopkins answer Tony’s question ?

Tony asked if the matter was resolved and is there an ongoing legal issue or negotiation.

Hopkins responded, “in late 2019 a payment of $22,000 was the last action taken”

That’s an odd turn of phrase.