* IS THERE AN EDITOR AT LNP?

This entry was posted in General News. Bookmark the permalink.
 Sometimes you find the most interesting items by chance! Oh, my! I happened upon the below today. The author, Jeff Hawkes, recently retired after 42 years at LNP. How did he survive that? There will be more later this week.

***

JAB THIS!

A front page headline from today’s LNP print edition (click here for the article online).

A “jab site?” They are “hiring volunteers?” What a mess on so many levels!

15 Responses to * IS THERE AN EDITOR AT LNP?

First: That lunch doesn’t look all that bad.

Second: Here’s the deal about “jab.” Australia, England, Scotland, and probably others say “jab” like we say “shot.” Maybe the LNP is trying to go all continental on us.

It’s sort of like the word “scheme.” In England etal, scheme means plan. When we use it here it usually has a negative meaning. So goes the word jab.

Third: Now, if they start spelling words like traveller, endeavour, realise etc etc….

I agree that “Jab sight” is so tacky and unprofessional. I know of nowhere else in the media that is using such an ugly, insensitive euphemism.

Exactly! It’s really awful!

• I hear “jab” mention on BBC newscasts! FYI- THE cost of the jab…”Doses purchased using U.S. taxpayer dollars will be at no cost; however, the provider may charge an administration fee. According to the state health department, certain insurance providers should cover everything related to getting the vaccine. If you do not have insurance, you should still be eligible to get the vaccine at no charge — the state suggests calling the provider ahead of time to make sure you will not be charged. “

3. Becky says:

If Jeff didn’t survive the lunch, I guess we never would have known!

These are doctors , rn, etc.

Yes , me and my colleagues are willing to volunteer for this

I don’t think you “hire” volunteers. You may “sign up” volunteers but you don’t hire them – the point of being a volunteer is you are not paid!

Splitting hairs here. I’m volunteering but not quitting my day job. The temp site is not designed to feed a family, rely on volunteers from the medical field to make this happen/

Try not to expect much from the big P and you won’t be disappointed.

At lest they are still semi coherent sometimes.

I expect nothing more from LNP