IS THIS LEGAL?

This entry was posted in General News. Bookmark the permalink.

NO CHANGE!

Today I went through the drive-through of my local Wendy’s and ordered two junior bacon cheeseburgers. She said that would be $4.64 and to pull ahead.
      I handed her five dollars. She handed me the bag with the burgers and I waited for my change. Finally I said something. She said, “We don’t have any change so…”
      I said, “You mean you’re just going to keep my money?
      She said, “Well, it was only like twenty cents.”
      I didn’t argue. There were people behind me. So there’s $.36 I’ll never see again. Is this legal?

8 Responses to IS THIS LEGAL?

Best way to deal with the “change shortage”. Your bill was $4.64. Hand over $4 and charge the 64 cents.

2. Mike emrick says:

Stop eating corporate chain “food.”

3. barryinwinnipeg says:

In Canada almost everyone uses a credit card in drive throughs. I’ve had the same $ 5.00 bill in wallet since March. What coin shortage? And our Province has about 1.5 million people but only 8 deaths since the pandemic started. Maybe the USA should get with stuff that works to contain the pandemic?

Send Wendy’s corporate a letter asking for your change. I’d love to know what happens.

This is the first you are hearing about this?

No – I knew there was a coin shortage. I did not know Wendy’s was rounding everything up to the nearest dollar and not giving change. There were no signs or anything to alert you to no change. They should at an absolute minimum let people know they are rounding up to the nearest dollar and you will not be getting change.

• Benton Harbor says:

I would have handed the food back and stayed in the line till I got my $5 back. Go ahead call the police I do not suffer fools well