UPDATED – HARD TIMES!

This entry was posted in Convention Center, General News, Lancaster Newspapers. Bookmark the permalink.

I’LL GO BACK HOME!

What’s up, Susan? How you doing?
     Here we go with this same shit. I swear I will go back home and I won’t even come back to the city.
     28 people. Two people checked in. I’ll go back home.
 Jerry Puryear on his Facebook page, “Staywoke717” this afternoon when he was “covering” a “person down.” There will be more tomorrow.
****

ELEVEN REPORTERS GONE

I know it’s a weird question but what does jobs retained null mean exactly.
This comment into this site yesterday.
     I am not sure either and what I did not know (I was in the hospital with Covid-19) is that LNP laid off 11 reporters at the end of March. Click here for the below GoFundMe account set up for them. I know of three – Paula Wolf, Barbara Hough Huesken and Jennifer Kopf. If you know of any reporter who was laid off please let me know.

6 Responses to UPDATED – HARD TIMES!

Interesting that apparently comments aren’t showing at the go fund me account. It would be a great opportunity to pledge two dollars to give them your two cents.

Eleven fired and they then apply for PPP.

Got it.

As far as any of them writing a tell all, they’ll risk their severances.

Severance pay? Now that’s funny.

You may be right. At one time Marv Adams was a very powerful editor in chief. He headed up the newspaper during their dirty fight to push the convention center through and he played very dirty. His countdown deal in his column for Molly Henderson as a commissioner and snark aplenty for anyone standing in the way of the rape of downtown buildings.

And then he was gone.

Here’s what he’s doing today

NOLTS Auto Parts
        Delivery Driver
        NOLTS Auto Parts
        Jul 2018 – Present2 years 1 month

Lancaster, Pennsylvania Area

The mayor should be their biggest donor. The older staff is well trained and covered her @ss and city officials for a long time. All 11 should go seek the people they covered for throughout the years they worked for lnp. Lets see if the same people will feed you and help y’all out now. We were not all in this together. Yall had a responsibility to tell the public the truth. Now look at all 11.

4. Benton Harbor. says:

Looks like they got rid of the highest salary employees, and kept the high school and college recent graduates. Follow the money. May not always agree with their thinking, but it is sad and disconcerting to see seasoned professional journalist let go. Who will train the new hires?