UPDATE – * NO STRENGHT WHATSOEVER!

This entry was posted in General News. Bookmark the permalink.

UPDATE 3-22-20

I feel much better today – my strength is coming back. No, I have not been tested.
     About ten days ago I noticed my strength was diminishing suddenly. Carrying groceries into the house  became harder. I took the steps slower. I got sharp pains in my back and stomach. I did not feel good.
     The strength issue became so severe that walking from my living room to the kitchen became difficult. I felt awful and spent most of my time sleeping or sitting on the sofa. I did not have flu symptoms.
     When I began to read about these symptoms in others with Covid-19,
I wondered. I see no reason to get tested at this point. Others need it far more.
     Anyway,  I am on my way to recovery and will come back to the news tomorrow.

****

*    It’s already here and spreading. Over the past 10 days my wife and I (healthy and fit 28 year olds) have suffered from fever, sharp body pains, fatigue, dry cough, and shortness of breath. We couldn’t drive ourselves to urgent care and have struggling to even get around the house without getting faint and needing to lay down and recover our breaths.
This is part of a comment posted on Lancaster Online under the story about the first diagnosed case in Lancaster County.
     Exactly!

CORVID-19 – UPDATE

So, apparently I spoke to soon when several days ago I posted that I felt lousy but it wasn’t Covid-19. It appears it is and it is absolutely awful.
     More to follow if I can get the strength!

17 Responses to UPDATE – * NO STRENGHT WHATSOEVER!

1. Benton Harbor says:

Hope you are all mended and back to normal .
    I think it is very sad that LNP, at least in the online edition, Has not mentioned the passing of Bill Saylor. Bill worked for the Steinman’s when they owned WGAL and was part of their news organization. Very sad

“I see no reason to get tested at this point”. Um because the virus can live up to two weeks. If you really did/do have it, you could have infected hundreds if other people. But what the hell. As long as you’re feeling better that’s all that matters

You are a disgusting individual.

• smh says:

Any of us, feeling perfectly healthy, can spread the infection to other people. It’s the nature of the beast. What is your point of appearing grossly misinformed/uninformed other than being sanctimonius and sarcastic?

3. anon says:

So glad you’re feeling better.

Take care of yourself!! You are Lancaster’s only news outlet that we can depend on to give us “real” and accurate info. Hope you have speedy recovery

5. barryinwinnipeg says:

A lot of people are contrasting the way Governor Cuomo provides leadership in New York State with the way President Trump performs at the White House briefings. Meanwhile the three people still in the race for President are all also in the highest risk category! If ever there was a time to come together as a country, now is that time. I hope you fully recover, and as for testing, tests are important to identify the spread of this epidemic, as well as identify who may have the antibodies needed to go back to work when others are off sick. Here in Winnipeg the Provincial government has just converted its drive through Auto Insurance inspection facility to a drive through Coronavirus test facility. Does Lancaster County have an identified isolation facility for those who test positive but are not in need of ICU-level care? I have to go to bed early tonight because WALMART opens its doors at 7:00 a.m. Monday morning for seniors and the immuno-compromised and there has been no toilet paper or sanitizer wipes on the shelves for weeks. Gotta get some for my Son who has an auto-immune disorder, but who is also an essential service provider for the City of Winnipeg. Stay well, everybody! And remember, tough times don’t last, but tough people do!

6. anon says:

Consider the South Korean logical approach which worked best. Test, identify, quarantine. Duh. Too late for US if the aim was to contain.

7. Anonymous. says:

The Health Dept should release the names, ages, towns, place of employment, etc of every new confirmed case every single day with instructions for anyone who may have had contact to get tested. Privacy, Hipaa, and other considerations must be put aside or the virus will never be “contained. Relying, instead – or alone – on people changing their behavior is fruitless without information like this. The top headline in every paper and news website every day should be: HERE IS THE LIST OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID 19 YESTERDAY…”. This is not the time to withhold information out of respect or privacy. If the waitress who serves me coffee every morning tests positive I need to know ASAP.

Hi Becky. Any update?

9. my goodness says:

You are in our prayers, we love you.

Ouch. Becky ride out the storm. You are sometimes the only thing I read online.

11. barryinwinnipeg says:

Prayers for your recovery!

12. anon says:

What?? Oh Becky that sucks! We’re you able to get tested? I know even that’s difficult.