UPDATE – 11-18-19 UPDATE – AFTERNOON UPDATE – THE MANHEIM TOWNSHIP POLICE…

This entry was posted in General News, Lancaster Courts. Bookmark the permalink.

TWO PEOPLE FOUND DEAD

(Click here)

WGAL states the following:
     Police are investigating the deaths but said the case isn’t suspicious and foul play is not suspected.

*     According to the actual ordinance, I’m not sure this person should have had a python in the first place (see below and click here for the ordinance and the definition of a wild/exotic animal).

UPDATED 11-18-19

Similarly, it is illegal for the owner of any animal to allow the animal to go beyond the boundaries of their premises or to run at large over the streets or public grounds or upon the property of another.
From the Manheim Township CrimeWatch entry on feral cats and other animals including “reptiles,” (click here).
      Not to beat a dead horse, but I seriously want to know why the owner of the 8-foot python was not cited.

FERAL CAT OR PYTHON?

So the Manheim Township police cited a 78-year-old man for “caring” for feral cats but did not cite the owner of this snake (click here)? And according to this article, a neighbor said this was the third time the snake got loose. Who owned the snake? Why weren’t they cited?
     And in the LNP article there is also this:
    According to Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Manheim Township police do not typically respond to animal calls unless the animals pose a danger to the public.
      What in the world? Feral cats or an 8-foot python?

**   My guess is the Manheim Township Police Department will not appreciate this very recent news article run by Fox-43 (click here).

YOU CAN’T KILL THEM
& YOU CAN’T FEED THEM!

*    Remember when a man shot and killed a cat and LNP kept it as a lead story for days and the comments under it exploded (click here)?  The below commenter later even offered to pay someone $20.00 to take his strays, but still no one came!
     Ok, Cat lovers which one of you will take the 5 strays I have? The mother was dropped off in my yard and had kittens 7 months ago. SPCA won’t take them and none of the other shelters in Lancaster county will either, I have called them all. SPCA charges $ 50.00 per cat and still wouldn’t take them. I caught three and took them to the Lancaster branch willing to pay the $ 150.00, but they say the cats are too feral and I had to bring them back home. TNR is $ 30.00 to $ 50.00 each and I have to bring the cats back home. I don’t want the cats they keep killing birds at my feeders.

ARE GETTING CATTY?

From today’s police log (click here), a random photo of feral cats.

How was he caring for them? Was he feeding them? How do the police know the cats are feral? What about people who allow their cats to be outside and roam? How much will this citation cost Mr. Snoke?

16 Responses to UPDATE – 11-18-19 UPDATE – AFTERNOON UPDATE – THE MANHEIM TOWNSHIP POLICE…

Does anyone have any experience with feral cats? I’ve experienced a group of about 30 cats living in and around an old barn. They fight amongst themselves all the time and many are missing an eye, there’s usually a dead one or two lying around because they’re like Lord of the Flies. The smell of ammonia from their pee is exhausting. When you walk past their area they scurry like roaches when the lights come on. When they are breeding and the next gen kittens are born, the mothers get super aggressive with anyone.
    I think both the feral cats got to go and the pythons got to go and the owners for both or facilitators of both need to be held accountable.

I wonder who the owner of the python is related too in MT?

I wonder as well. I’m not trying to make a huge deal of this but it really makes me angry! The damn snake escaped three times and no charges (and the owner apparently abandoned it – did not come to pick it up) and yet they cite a 78-year-old man for “caring” for feral cats! I’m p*ssed!

3. barryinwinnipeg says:

Historical fact–the first child welfare social work was done under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals law–later on, there was a Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. Lost in all of this is the suffering of the cats which is a societal problem to address–not the fault of a person who wants to alleviate an animal’s suffering or someone who shouldn’t have to feed animals who aren’t his. In other words, taking care of feral animals is society’s problem, period. Or am I missing something? Oh, wait, this is Manheim Township, the same locality where people got up in arms when–several years ago–an excellent social service agency wanted to open a group home for sexually abused girls, and the neighbors stopped it because they didn’t want “those kinds of people” in their neighborhood.

I’ve been thinking more about this and here’s something that I can bet would happen.

Sub freezing temperatures and cats and kittens die because he ignored them due to being told not to feed or care for them. Same nosey neighbor calls the cops and he gets arrested again for animal abuse and neglect. He’s 78 and I can’t see him able to defend himself and the nattering crowd ears him alive with hate.

The commenter on LNP who offered $20.00 for someone to take his strays asked the same thing in another comment:

These cats live under my shed so are they my cats? If they are and I leave them out in the cold weather we have had that is breaking the LAW. At what point does a feral cat become someone’s pet? Can I take a feral cat and drop it off at someone else’s house, or do I end up like this guy? They are not my pets.

Feeding a stray cat is illegal, but it’s OK to run puppy mills?

Somebody start a go fund me page for this man taking care of cats. If the damn authority’s were at all concerned about feral cats they would do something about the situation. If it was MT cops that prosecuted him they should be ashamed of themselves. If it was the fake cop animal people on a power trip as they always are we need to take away their power that was blatantly abused. What are MT laws regarding feral cats? Was the incident in MT or LT? How many nosy neighbors with no life were involved in this travesty? Was there a swat team stakeout to catch Mr. Snoke in the act? What a crock!

7. smh says:

Let’s try: Elderly gentleman busted for caring for feral cats in 20 degree weather. We cannot catch and prosecute murderers so we will compensate by arresting senior citizens that are being compassionate towards other living creatures.