AFTERNOON UPDATE – ANOTHER SHOOTING

This entry was posted in Convention Center, Lancaster Courts, Lancaster Newspapers, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

LNP SUES
ANOTHER LAWYER!

LNP filed a lawsuit today against yet another lawyer: Justin Gearty (pictured above from his website – click here). LNP states he owes them $9,723.50 for unpaid advertising in 2016 and 2017. This is the third lawyer LNP has sued in the last several months! What is going on?
     Two brief portions of their complaint are below and you can read the entire complaint here.

******

*********

MULTIPLE GUNSHOT WOUNDS

The police press release from last night’s shooting (click here):
     On October 10, 2019, at 9:25 PM, Officers from the Lancaster City Bureau of Police were dispatched to the area of N. Queen Street and Ross Street for a report of shots fired.  At around the same time, officers observed a vehicle traveling rapidly in the same area heading toward Penn Medicine Lancaster General Hospital.  The officers made contact with the vehicle’s occupants and discovered that they were transporting a male shooting victim to the hospital.  The victim has been identified as a 36 year-old Lancaster man.  He is currently being treated for multiple gunshot wounds and is in stable condition.
     Investigators are interviewing witnesses and processing the scene for evidence.   The investigation is in the very early stages, as investigators try to determine what led to the shooting.
     Anyone with information about this incident is urged to call the Lancaster City Police at 717-735-3300 or the Lancaster City-County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-322-1913.   You can also click the Submit a Tip button on our website, www.lancasterpolice.com, or Text a Tip to Crime Stoppers by texting LANCS plus your message to 847411. Tipsters may remain anonymous and do not have to give their names.

26 Responses to AFTERNOON UPDATE – ANOTHER SHOOTING

1. Old & Canadian says:

This thread absolutely burns my biscuits. I had several shots of jack last evening after reading. Like pouring salt on old wounds for this old queen. Sad reality is my children grew up and hated both their mother and me for the tragedies that happen in custody court. The process makes us all the worst versions of ourselves. Lawyers pump you up and terrify you against your better judgement. You stop listening to your heart and stop trying to reconcile with the other parent for the good of your children. The process scars the children the most and they pay dearly. Word to the wise – if you don’t want fucked up kids, let the other parent have them 50% of the time and keep your mouth shut.

• Anon says:

“lawyers pump you up?” Maybe I’m wrong but didn’t the lawyer do exactly what you asked of him? Parents who don’t realize the kids will pay the price are sadly narcissistic IMO. If you’re unable to see the pain you’re infliction by trying to destroy the other parent your focus is completely on yourself, doubt any good lawyer could have talked you out of doing what you did. Take responsibility, you remind me of “Daddy Justice.”

• Old & Canadian says:

Anon, darling.

No one likes you here. I would bet even Becky can not stand you and your comments. I am certainly not playing my violin in support of just daddy justice or whatever you are calling it. I am saying that most custody lawyers are nothing more then psychological destroyers that play on their clients during the most painful times of their lives and basically convince them to take tactics no one that isn’t in emotional turmoil would take.

I am forthright with my story to help others. Your comments reflect what we all knew about you (1) you live a pathetic and lonely life and (2) you drop to your knees for the police and lawyers. Anyone that has ever experienced the trauma of a divorce knows exactly what these shady lawyers do to their clients to string them on and keep the billable hours fight going.

As I am sure you are an attorney yourself, I find solace in knowing you with Rot in hell with the rest of ‘em!

I never turn this dark but this subject will get me going every time!

• Anon says:

“No one here likes you” Sorta sounds like “I know you are but what am I?” Funny, as if I care. In a previous post you yourself expressed regret for the path you chose in those years. Now it’s back to the blame game. Yawn.

• Other Anon says:

Just wanted to point out that I believe I am the “Anon” nobody here likes. Just wanted to say that this Anon and me are not the same person. Don’t assume two Anons are the same unless Becky says so.

• Chills says:

I dated a guy in high school that swore up and down he wanted nothing to do with his mum. The reasons seemed very parroted to me and it was obvious his dad and step mother were the cause of the ill will. Long story short is he went on to kill his dad and step mother many years later after he learned his mom died of cancer. The note he left was one sentence “I did this because they lied to me about my mum and now I will never know her”

I still get chills when I think about him. He was a good soul with demons his dad programmed and he flipped when he learned the truth. Anyone that brainwashes children should be so ashamed. Let these kids love both parents.

Paper was selling ad space on or near Crimewatch listings and defense lawyers are just learning Crimewatch runs contrary to PA Clean Slate law and works against their clients so its bad for business. LNP should have checked into it further before it was “rolled out” by Craig Steadman instead of assuming it was legal and seeing it as a moneymaker for them. It is not legal. Thats why state police wont participate and lawyers who pay to participate may be inadvertently violating the law.

3. barryinwinnipeg says:

When I worked for COBYS as a parent educator, we had a program called Cooperative Parenting, designed to help separated and divorced parents co-parent their children. The motto was, “time to move from the bedroom to the boardroom in your relationship,” and the supreme goal was the welfare of the children. Sadly, very few couples took the course. The one who did wanted to achieve the best for the children. And by the way, to the person who wondered if his lawyer dad was going to hell, none of us earns our way to heaven, we are all sinners saved by grace. Having said that, the real tragedy is that it is so easy to make babies, so challenging to raise them cooperatively so they become productive adults. Our kids deserve to be raised according to mutual love rather than by the decisions of courts. Ah, but we do live in a broken world…

4. Another bitter broad says:

Justin’s problems are the result of a stupid and bitter ex wife. Broad is so dumb that she would rather destroy dis man then allow him to take care of their kids by being productive. If she was smart she wouldn’t be standing in the way of Justin makin dat $$$ and she would just shut her mouth and work with this man. But no. Dumb broads gonna be dumb broads and she’s being played by her stank a$$ attorney. Destroy your kids daddy. Live with them having nothing cuz of your greed and stupidity.

Don’t appreciate the “broad” word!

• Another bitter broad says:

No disrespect Becky but I think you would agree. Any female tryin to keep kids away from a good father is nothin but a stank broad. So many kids out there without fathers that she should feel shame for what she doin to dis man.

• Anon says:

“A good father” who refers to his ex as a “broad?” Sometimes, not always for sure, but sometimes, one parent feels compelled to protect their kids from the other parent and for good reason. You wouldn’t want a father surrendering his kids to a crack head mom and many would worry about a mom giving up their kids to a father who is a beater. Private stuff and you only hear one side on these comment boards. Likely the silent parent is the better parent, not wanting to air the dirty laundry. Logic.

• Old & Canadian says:

Anon, forgive me as you seem to know everyone and everything but I have serious doubts an attorney writes things like “dis.” For you to proclaim the subject matter “father” wrote that makes you the despicable little darling I have long found your comments to reflect. The lawyers and their puppet judges make even the best of parents appear to be soooo awful in the name of keeping this pathetic game going.
            Reason one – keep dirty attorneys paid
            Reason two – make judges feel holier than thou so they can whack off thinking about the control they have over others lives.
            I might be a gay queen with a host full of sins but I am confident, my line to Jesus will be much shorter then the line for judges and lawyers.

• Anon says:

Now go ahead and have a tantrum, proving my point.

• Grow up says:

Being @ the courthouse for over a decade, one realizes how stupid both men and woman are for engaging with any lawyer when it comes to custody of your children.

It is basically a competition of who can ruin the other parent faster while basically spending money much better used for your children.

If people really loved their kids, they would choose to love their ex and work together and not allow money hungry lawyers to completely destroy any hope of your kids turning out normal.

Hate it or love it, that kid is 50% the other parent and any harm you do to that parent is the equivalent of harming your own flesh and blood.

Don’t be shocked when your kid is a drug addict because you ruined their other parent in your quest to be “right.”

Real love for your child is rising above your own anger and hurt and loving that kid enough to love the other person you chose to lay with to create that kid and come together in harmony and civility for that child.

But, hey, lawyers won’t get paid that way.

• Happens every damn day says:

Thank you!
        This is probably the best thing I have ever read on here. My dad took us away from my mom when I was 9. He made up a lot of dumb crap and some stuff was legit but nothing over the top that should keep kids from there mom. My dad brainwashed my younger siblings and I went along with the bogus stuff but I new deep down it wasn’t true. I have spent the last 15 years in and out of rehab because deep down I was so scarred from not having my
        Mom. She did not have any money to fight my dad and my dad did whatever he could to keep us from her. I finally got clean for good when I reconnected with my mom and her family. The last two years of being back in touch with my mom was all I needed to get and stay clean. The lawyer that helped my dad still practices in Berks county and I would love nothing more then to see that man rot in hell. He fueled my dad and me and my siblings suffered so bad. I bet most that read this don’t care but I am begging anyone that is going thru these custody wars to think about your kids before destroying the other parent. Wasn’t until my dad found me in the city passed out with a needle hanging from my arm did he realize what HE did to nearly kill me. My dad brainwashed me and I just repeated whatever he wanted me to say. . I just wanted to love both my parents. My dad even said to me that I didn’t want my mom and I said I didn’t want my mom.

• God is Judge! says:

My father was a custody attorney for nearly 3 decades. He was one of the best. I can tell you on his death bed he truly believed he was going to hell. Dad, realized on his death bed that his notion that he was ‘just doing his job’ would never fly with God. As much as I loved my father, I despised his profession. On one hand, my father helped a lot of people and on the other, he destroyed many lives. To this day, I question if the gates to heaven let him in. The point in sharing my story is that I had a terrific father. Unfortunately, his profession and his love of money and winning makes me question whether or not I will see him in heaven.

• Anon says:

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t know how the Judges can listen to the back and forth all day. Must be mind numbing. I assure you that the taxpayers would rather not waste the Court’s time refereeing between dysfunctional people. Not all are of course, but IMO, usually 1 of them has to be or they’d understood the damage they do to their kids by not doing exactly what you describe.

This makes no sense. Justins problem with lnp have nothing to do with the ex wife. Justin is 1 hell of an attorney. If lnp didnt get paid it was for a damn good reason. From what I last saw he doesnt look destroyed and from my past experiences with Justin thats not someone you can destroy easily. That man will put up a fight thats not someone you can back into a corner. Justin goes in and comes out fighting. You described him as a victim when really hes vicious and aggressive and dominates the courtroom. Hes not a fool. Lnp didnt get paid because he has money issues with a bitter “broad” they may have not got paid due to the same reason the other attorneys didnt pay up. Hes not the first attorney lnp is sueing and wont be the last.

5. my goodness says:

The bike lanes are an accident looking for a place to happen. And it will ALWAYS be the motorists fault. I have yet to see any bicyclist obey any traffic law.

Change in dynamic, not waiting for middle of night anymore, sigh.

Mayor Dickina. And her big concern is bike lanes.