* VIRAL VIDEO: TRAINING OR TORTURE?

This entry was posted in General News, Lancaster Courts. Bookmark the permalink.

THIS IS CRIMINAL!

IS THIS CRIMINAL?

18 Responses to * VIRAL VIDEO: TRAINING OR TORTURE?

1. Becky says:

But I did get to something else.
    A remotely operated shock collar.
    If I called her and she ran away. Shock. If she went after the horses and became deaf to my voice, shock.
    My husband objected to it until he discovered IT WORKED!

LNP – SUSAN BALDRIGE – Who is in charge here?

2. my goodness says:

What is criminal is allowing people with mental health issues to the extent of harming self or other living things being free in society with no help or guidance. Is it criminal to subject a horse to Rt 30 traffic? I’m guessing it depends upon whom you ask.

I was thinking about the Amish and their horses as well – not to mention puppy mills!

Ephrata man admits to beating horse that was later euthanized, pays fines

I think it is criminal. When they choose to put a horse on rt30, their not only thinking about their safety, family safety, horse safety, but the publics safety also. Theres truck drivers, families shopping, people coming in and out of work. Its a catastrophe without a horse. The Amish dont think of people also playing music in cars very loud also its a highway. Their only allowed to do it to attract tourists on behalf of the publics safety.

• my goodness says:

Thank you. Glad to see someone else can see the big picture.

More Amish butt kissing. They’ll do what they want and any criticism of it gets viewed as “picking” on them. They’re already excused from laws.

Kind of egocentric to blame the Amish for being on the road with a horse creating the danger. Perhaps the English should refrain from motorized vehicles a day of the week so the Amish can travel safely. Also be great for the climate.

Did you read the story? Like when he mentions “playing chicken” with his own children in the buggy. Some of the horses arent properly trained. I saw a horse refuse to move at the intersection by aldis. The woman had to get off and walk the horse the entire way into parking lot area it had an attached buggy. Trucks were honking the horns. This horse didnt know what to do and the woman couldnt control the horse at all. She took the black rope and whipped him. He was so nervous he was turning his head on both sides wondering who was whipping him. It was a scary experience.

I agree! Some have more feelings for an animal than a human being. Its not ok for either to be abused BUT theres no outrage when it comes to humans anymore. That 26 yr old looks like someones grandma lol. Her age was more shocking then what she did. I see people pulling pit bulls and german shephards like that in the city constantly. How about when the dog is dragging the person tightening the leash on the hand stopping circulation? The owner is expected to say “Sparky be nice.”
      The man that k.o the girl wont get half of the hell the woman dragging the dog received. It will be forgotten in 2 days until he turns himself in.

• Anon says:

You are expected to not put yourself in a position where you are responsible for another living thing, particularly an innocent, vulnerable and helpless living thing, unless you can properly take care of it without having to resort to violence (particularly violence likely to lead to death, i.e., crushed trachea and clear oxygen deprivation. News flash, its possible to raise another living thing without violence or needing to take it within an inch of its life.

And don’t say people don’t get outraged over violence against humans anymore….there is a reason this incident and others are constantly in the news and “go viral.” If people didn’t get outraged over humans anymore, then why are so many people these days talking about anti-bullying and anti-gun laws? Unnecessary violence against any living thing is outrageous and criminal, period. And any efforts to prevent, punish or call awareness to either is worthy, period.

The point is as a commenter said, that the man who punched the 17-year-old basketball player probably got less comments and outrage than the dog. Our priorities are screwed up. And as commenters noted, if pulling on a dog’s collar is criminal, the court system will be clogged for years.

• Anon says:

1. “Probably” is a poor measure to go by.

2. People, in general, will be more outraged by deathly violence against a more vulnerable and innocent victim than they will be about a simple punch to the face of a person clearly in their own violent rage. That video was of an adult trying to break up a big brawl that girl was engaged in. You see him struggling with that girl for awhile trying to get her under control before finally just punching her out. It is NOT RIGHT and STILL CRIMINAL, but I can see how it is slightly less outrageous.

3. If you think that woman was simply “pulling” on that dog’s collar, I question your ability to care for any living thing. That woman was literally hanging that dog.

You are perfect, aren’t you and very confused – “a simple punch to the face of a person clearly in their own violent rage?” It knocked her cold. She could have been killed. And should Susan Baldrige be charged for using a shock collar on her dog? I think she should.

• Anon says:

I am most definitely NOT perfect. But I’m not confused. I think you are. I said it was wrong and criminal….in capital letters. Furthermore, if you watched the video, you can see that the girl was not knocked cold. You can see her moving around immediately after and the lengthier video, a portion of which was shown during the intro, shows her getting up. Lastly, although I don’t know how we got on the subject of Baldrige from my comment, I don’t agree with shock collars, but I don’t think they can be deemed criminal because, although they indeed cause pain, there is no consensus that they are inherently dangerous…..unlike hanging your dog from a leash or a violent punch to the face. Clearly distinguishable.

Oh, could you find something else to do today? This is ridiculous.

To answer your questions…People are only outraged now when it comes to bullying because it was allowed so long that babies in elementary school are hanging themselves. As far as anti gun laws you answered that yourself “laws.” Im not sure what video you watch but I saw a girl trying to get away from a humongous man. I saw that man chasing after her desperately reaching for her hair then when he gets a good grip he knocks her out on the floor shes clearly off her feet and laid out with hands on her head. Thats what we call k.o around here. You see how much you tried to justify the dog issue with the human issue you proved my point exactly. Susan also needs to be charged.

• Anon says:

I absolutely believe that is what you saw…

And, in responding to my post, you proved my point exactly. In your original post, you said people aren’t outraged anymore. Then in your response you acknowledge people are, in fact, outraged these days.

Ps….love how you ended your comment with a topic you just couldn’t seem to ignore despite the point you are trying to make……..