AFTERNOON UPDATE * A NEW CITY POLICY

This entry was posted in Convention Center, Lancaster Courts, Lancaster Newspapers, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY

A lot of reading today. The city’s new social media policy is below.

********

LANCASTER’S NEW
CODE OF CONDUCT

CODE OF CONDUCT

The second new city policy for employees announced by Mayor Sorace at Tuesday’s city council meeting is a Code of Conduct. This is what she said:

The second policy that I wanted to bring forward is one that I am particularly passionate about which is the Code of Conduct policy.
     This is the one that reflects the high ethical standards and accountability that I expect of all city employees at all times and in all situations. The Code of Conduct policy applies to all city employees and is best summarized by the following language:
     “In order to best serve the citizens and customers of the city of Lancaster, officers and employees of the city must act individually and collectively to create a city government that is responsible, fair, honest and open. City employees are expected to demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, honesty and conduct in all activities in order to inspire public confidence and trust in their government.”

16 Responses to AFTERNOON UPDATE * A NEW CITY POLICY

Uggg, social media is such a pain in the ass.

2. $exual policy says:

What is the policy on their elected officials dating? We saw Amber Martin and Chris Leppler again at lunch today. Must be a lot of collaborating going on between their offices. Lots of smiling and touching between them two!

Ahhem, it’s not that I don’t believe you … but exactly where did they have lunch?

• Old & Canadian says:

Hold my purse! Why on earth would she be galavanting around town with a sheriff when she has a senator at home? This really makes me wonder what on earth the sheriff has going for him if there are truly such open displays of their love lunches? I am so fascinated by this woman and I would love to interview her. Becky, call her and get a sit down exclusive. I have about 100 questions I would like to submit. Let us call in with our questions! First being if the good senator is as good in bed as I have often wondered!!!! I am so bad but sadly that would be my first question. I am such a tramp but one can dream. Where can I get more info on the sheriff. I need to research him now.

• Pabana says:

Amber Martin doesn’t work for the City of Lancaster. The County government is a different agency than the City government.

The only people ever held to these standards put forth are the minions whose names are insignificant.

Once they become “somebody” they are above scrutiny. Lancaster is and always was that way.

• Old & Canadian says:

I, often ponder the Lancaster that was or maybe I was blind to the hypocrisy. Sadly during my youth I was unable to walk the streets of Lancaster as my authentic self. Being gay and wearing bright colors screamed “come beat me up.” At least things have improved for me‍ finally but politics seems very concerning. Looks like our Dems may be worse than our elephants. Where have all the cowboys gone?

4. Old & Canadian says:

I may be behind the times but correct me if my knowledge base is off but doesn’t the good mayor’s husband work for a company that has greatly benefitted from the good mayor’s position and wasn’t a congressional candidate named her chief of staff? Don’t they share a lot of the same donors and benefactors? My mind boggles because the mayor put forth an excellent policy that she, herself, must be exempt from or she’s highly hypocritical and the mayor’s chief of staff was against politicians like the mayor and her donors but now she is her right hand woman? What has happened to my dear Lancaster? Becky, please correct me if I am spewing inaccuracies but I am not feeling warm and fuzzy over this new policy and the hypocrisy it reeks.

When this was mentioned yesterday, I had some concerns of an ulterior motive with the code of conduct.

This looks like pretty standard langauge for any sort of civil service position. I’m surprised they wouldn’t have already had written guidelines concerning things like inappropriately using your city job for personal gain.

Or do they and am I completely missing something regarding why this memo is being released?

Or was their some sort of actual ethical issue with the city hall culture that needs clamped down on?