AFTERNOON UPDATE – A “HITCH?” WHO WRITES THESE HEADLINES?

This entry was posted in Convention Center, Lancaster Courts, Lancaster Newspapers, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

SAY NO TO STEDMAN!

The below are the ending three paragraphs to today’s LNP editorial, “The battle for DA’s civil forfeiture records is joined, and it’s a fight for citizens’ right to know,” (click here).
     Just come out and say it LNP: Craig Stedman should not be a Lancaster County Judge!

LEGAL QUAGMIRE!

In the letter, Carfley [Wacker’s attorney, Peter Carfley] wrote he is “not convinced” the city has the right to exercise eminent domain on a property it owns to terminate a lease it signed.
From today’s LNP story, “Wacker Brewing’s lease on a storage building is a hitch for city’s fire station plans,” (click here).
     Cue the lawyers! What a mess!

18 Responses to AFTERNOON UPDATE – A “HITCH?” WHO WRITES THESE HEADLINES?

Speaking of Stedman. Is today David Smucker’ (Amish child molester) court appearance?

Yes. According to his docket he has a status conference before President Judge Dennis Reinaker at 9:00 this morning.

Becky, do you happen to have an update on the trial of the F&M student accused of rape?

huh? I will call today and let people know. When I called a month ago they said his trial is now scheduled for August but his docket still hasn’t been updated to reflect that so I don’t know what is going on.

Wow…Just wow…on the Craig Stedman editorial in the Lancaster Newspaper (which I don’t get and refuse to pay for.) I am floored at the turn around and I hope ghe people of Lancaster take note at the voting booth. More mportantly, though, is that the paper should be calling for his immediate resignation. This is a man who has fed at the public trough for more than a decade and his issues go far beyond “transparency”, as I am sure the paper and county commissioners know. It is WHAT, exactly, he is hiding, and it is way past time for those in charge to call for his resignation. Egner, BTW, is still with the D.A.’s office. I hope somebody with an NDA comes forward, even if anonymously, to tell the TRUTH – which is sorely lacking in the Lancaster County D. A.’s office. THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO THE PA JUDICIARY IS FOR CRAIG STEDMAN TO BECOME A JUDGE.

Well, if Smith-Wade gets his raise, he won’t be of lower income anymore. That’s what a pimp does!

What the hell has Smith Wade done exactly to get a raise??? So now because he wants to make his position full time he deserves a raise??!! I wonder what makes people think like this smh If he didnt want to do what he signed up for kick rocks and find a full time job u enjoy. Our citys in debt and people signing themselves up to take and receive more.

That was my interpretation.

His argument actual stated justification is that it would allow the possibility of lower income city residents to have a better ability to serve on council.

I watched the portion of the committee meeting regarding the salary study last night. I didn’t hear any discussion of it pertaining to civil service positions like Bernie. Based on Reichenbach’s comments it seemed to be focused only on elected positions (council and mayor).

My take-aways; the Mayor seemed disapointed at the suggestion to table, then asked what COLA increases her salary would recieve. Smith-Wade-El then went on about how some council members do more than others (other boards etc) and compensation should reflect that. He’s obviously angling to make his council position a full time job.

They did briefly state that according to their research Lancaster was “right in the middle.” Not sure what that means. Did you figure it out?

* Edited to add I enjoyed your Smith-Wade-El comment! 🙂

7. Becky says:

Since we’re going off-topic, this comment came in under yesterday’s post but I’m putting it here:

The zoning official who resigned from his appointed position in Manor Township is former Lancaster County Assistant D.A Alex Egner. I’m guessing he wanted to disassociate from such obvious corruption. So…the corrupt Board of Supervisors stuck corrupt Kelly Ream’s husband Scott Ream. Cannot wait to see who is appointed as the next corrupt supervisor at the next corrupt meeting.
    -Anonymous

8. Off topic billboard says:

Off the topic. ( Billboard )
    about Senator Scott Martin

Becky
    Have you noticed a Billboard about Scott Martin off of
    Interstate 283

The. ( Billboard ) Is about Scott Martin’s freedom of speech controversy saying vote no to
    Senator Scott Martin

The sign is located
    On Interstate 283 Heading towards
    30 / Lancaster
    After the Spooky Nooks exit
    And before you get too
    State route or 722 exit
    Right in between those two exits
    on the (left ) hand side Of the highway heading towards – 30- Or Lancaster’

I took a picture but could not send it to your website

Who is paying for that Billboard I wonder.
    Right ON the interstate

So glad to see somebody standing up to these crooked politicians

But why is the Billboard on the left hand side of the highway
    not on the right hand side?

9. my goodness says:

So now the city is going to dump another hunk pf taxpayer money on legal fees because they wrote a lease with no thought behind it. The city does like to play fast and loose with our money while we suffer with decrepit streets and sidewalks, raw sewage in the Conestoga, etc, etc, etc.

10. Becky says:

I am putting this under the comments because I don’t want to dirty this site with this disgusting story. This is Imir Williams who beat Esther Schmucker repeatedly. Let people know this man is a liar!!!

IMIR WILLIAMS – WOMAN BEATER