AFTERNOON UPDATE – KEEPING THE PUBLIC IN THE DARK?

This entry was posted in General News. Bookmark the permalink.

NO ACCOUNTABILITY!

I left a message this afternoon for Amber Strazzo, the city’s Communications & Marketing Manager, about the lack of a livestream of last night’s city council meeting. I have not heard back and will follow-up tomorrow with her, the mayor and all the city council members.
     They announced in January they were taking over the livestreaming of these meetings and it has been failure after failure after failure. Who is holding these officials accountable? Where is LNP?
     There will be more tomorrow.

***    According to Christopher Young’s updated court docket, the three charges against him were all held over for Common Pleas Court at today’s preliminary hearing (see below).

DIAMANTONI
SHOULD HAVE KNOWN

**   Click here to read the below CBS-21 article and read the lawsuit.****

*    On April 1st, I received the below email:

Christopher Young

Good morning,
     I am curious as to whether a preliminary hearing has been set for Christopher Young, the East Earl policeman that assaulted his girlfriend/mother of his child. Any word?
      I responded that his preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 24th (today) and received this response:
     Thanks for that info. I was hoping it wasn’t dropped somehow.
     Someone who trusts the Lancaster County justice system as much as I do!
     And yes, his preliminary hearing on sexual assault, stalking and simple assault is scheduled for today at 1:30 pm before District Judge William E. Benner, Jr.

*****

LIVESTREAM FAIL AGAIN!

There was not a peep last night about a livestream of the city council meeting. I will see what I can find out. This is simply ridiculous. Is the city really committed to livestreaming these important meetings?

16 Responses to AFTERNOON UPDATE – KEEPING THE PUBLIC IN THE DARK?

So…WTF, You completely misread Barry’s post and use it as an excuse to attack the news media? One nonsequitor can define a poster. It shows they don’t have a credible response, do not grasp the situation or issue, and have nothing to add to the discourse, but are so full of themselves that they had to respond, just to hear themselves talk.

2. WTF? says:

So, Barry, the Canadian trash was sent to the Philippines under false pretenses, in 2016 the high court ruled the trash has to go, 3 years later the trash is still sitting there, and you attack the person responsible for the countrys’ well being for making an agreeably hyperbolic statement out of frustration… solution, take back your freaking garbage. One sentence doesn’t define someone much as the press insists it does.

I still wonder how long it will take the city to pretend it never promised to do the streaming.

Huh…I havent lived there in more than a year. But I cant sell my home because nobody else wants to live there either. Ck out how many reg. sex offenders live in Manor. There are no services, their safety record is abysmal, taxes are thru the roof and there is something very wrong with most of the people who live there. Still, I have a rt. to visit my home – in peace -to find out what the latest damage is. If I could “just move” do you really think I would subject myself to this sh*t?

5. OMG! says:

Craig Stedman is stealing MILLIONS to fund his and other cops’ lifestyles and fund his drug task force!!! I cannot imagine how much these cops are raking in and how much Stedman has STOLEN. WHAT A LIAR HE IS!!!!
    From the WHYY story:
    “The funding Adams secures through forfeiture is also, in his view, crucial for a municipality rocked by financial distress. Reading’s police department is short staffed and raises are infrequent, he says. So, Adams breaks a share of seized cash off to fund investigations and buy equipment.

“Frankly, I would never have been able to obtain that equipment if I had to rely on a municipal budget or a county budget or a state budget,” Adams said, of forfeiture proceeds.

“The office has also used forfeiture money to pay out bonuses to police and even the underpaid public defenders who represent people too poor to pay for their own defense.
    Critics of civil asset forfeiture say that money found in a suspect’s pocket should not be used to pad budgets.

“As long as forfeiture money is being used to self-fund law enforcement agencies, there is always going to be an abuse of forfeiture practices,” said Darpana Sheth with the Washington-based Institute of Justice, which has been litigating civil asset forfeiture cases for years.

Being a doctor, Diamontoni is a mandated reporter and would (normally) face criminal charges if he knew and didnt report. Sick.

How much is his bail? Any conditions?

There is no doubt in my mind that Diamontoni is stretched thin and the cracks that were whispered about are now becoming chasms.

9. Layne Kisster says:

Wanna bet he gets his blue butt kissed?

My stalker (a 35 yr old, 200 lb ex con) pulled a gun on me, I maced him on MY property and Manor Twp police charged ME with the same thing as a nut w/an AK-47. WTF??!## AND they “handed over” 25 minutes of “police video” with nothing on it but the seat of a patrol car!

• huh? says:

As far as the stalker and Manor Two. Cops go, I know that this sounds simplistic but if I were you I would move out of there into another township.

Don’t worry Barry. It’s too cold for them to invade Canada.

BTW, I thought you were joking. You weren’t. https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/24/asia/duterte-canada-trash-intl/index.html

Actions speak louder than words. If they were committed to transparent communication with city residents, the live stream would be there. Plain and simple.

They effectively shut out Tony Dastra and shut the feed down.

And people who are government workers wonder why they are mocked for being useless and incompetent. This is a perfect example why.

13. my goodness says:

Suffering mightily from spring fever all I can muster is laughter. SOP (standard operating procedure) for Lancaster

14. barryinwinnipeg says:

Meanwhile, in other news, CNN reports that the Philippine president/tyrant has threatened “to declare war on Canada” if we don’t take back some trash that was sent there. Do you think the US Government could take a break from attacking each other to help defend a Nato ally from this Manila bully? Just asking…

As for the live streaming non-event, after the fifth time the horse refuses to leave the corral, maybe it’s time to realize your horse died and it’s a good idea to dismount, or is that too hard a concept for the City of Lancaster? It’s pretty sad when they “redact” the whole meeting…again!

I’d get more excited over all this, but there’s a good chance that North Dakota is going to send another flood Winnipeg’s way in just a couple of days. Wish us luck!