UPDATE * I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO GO…

This entry was posted in Lancaster Courts, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

It’s been a busy day. There is a city council committee meeting tonight beginning at 6:00 pm (click here and see below). I will catch up on court items tomorrow.

*****

*     Talking about the First Amendment and protected communications, the below is the latest update from William Murry’s lawsuit against LNP. This lawsuit has been going on for over two years and apparently will now move forward again.
******

BUT THE STAKES
WERE TOO HIGH!

This question in under the comments yesterday:
     Becky, I would have thought you would have loved to be called to the court case involving the Martins. Why did you not go??
      You are right – I would have loved to have been sitting in that courtroom. But – and it’s a big but – I think it was a fishing expedition and a search for who gave me documents and information. And that is not acceptable. And I don’t know who comments on my site. I have published twice daily for 14 years and I certainly can’t remember every post I have made and every comment that’s been received. This was a ridiculous and dangerous fishing expedition.
     I am not identifying the attorney who sent me the subpoena or the lawyer who represented me so expertly.
     The subpoena is immediately below (I have erased the exact names they were looking for) and the beginning of my attorney’s excellent two-page response is below that.
      I did not travel to Lancaster and I did not testify – and when I say that sources will remain anonymous – I mean it. And in this case, except for the named email, I honestly have no idea who sent me information.
******

29 Responses to UPDATE * I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO GO…

1. Afraid of the truth? says:

If amber or Scott Martin don’t have anything to hide why do they want to keep everything hidden? Everyone knows they cheated on their spouses and lied to everyone about it.? What lies are they trying to hide now? There is no secret they are in court right now fighting. Scott hid the settlement made when his sister killed 2 people one being a child. Why are they still hiding the truth? Don’t these people owed it to all of us to be honest? How can anyone vote for someone who has to hide the truth?

“Amish faith” is an oxyMORON Judge Assworth. They are monotheistic – one god. His face is on a 100.00 bill….

Checked this morning and the City stream failed again.

Bring the kid back and pay him to do it right.

4. Stedman should be judged says:

It ya amazing that Stedman is still doing favors for his friend Scott Martin. When will Stedman wake up and realize he is being used. Has Scott Martin stood up for you and has he shown his support or has he just hid in the shadows as your career goes up in flames. You can always judge someone by the company they keep. Peas in a pod. This county deserves so much better.

5. What are they hiding? says:

If it is only a custody case why isn’t it open to the public. Is Scott or amber Martin trying to hide the truth of who they really are. If they are good parents with nothing to hide why don’t they open it up. Don’t the people of this county deserve to know who they are voting for?

6. Hilarious says:

Becky please. We expect you to be honest. Your attorney had nothing to do with you being excused. The attorney who requested your presence let you off because it was obvious you did not want to help. You know the truth about certain people and were only called to state the truth about what you know. Please don’t make things up that aren’t true.
    No one was fishing and you were just wanted to contribute to what is right and just and what is best for this county. You have been trusted to be honest with this county please continue. We already have LNP to deliver fake news.

Hilarious – I am being honest and I’m certainly not making things up. Yes, my attorney made it clear I did not want to testify and I should not have to. I’m glad you know what’s going on in these lawyers heads! And yes, I’m sorry, but they were fishing!

What I observed on Amber Martin’s social media pages??? From two years ago when I go to multiple social media pages every day? That’s fishing – and absurd.

7. my 2 cents says:

So were you legally excused or did you just not go?? Also, the info they requested is still on your site and you have mentioned before you have access to IP address. I’m sure you still have that info. I would guess you havent heard the end of them yet.

Sigh… my 2 cents – I was excused. Yes of course the information is still on my site – but finding it is another thing. I went back to look at one of the dates and the content was mixed with other content and there have literally been hundreds of comments in about Amber/Scott/Gerald scattered throughout this site over the last two years. Yes, of course I have IP addresses. They don’t tell you who a person is but when I see a commenter using different names but with the same IP I know they are the same person – not who they are. Again, this is a custody case – not a murder case. Everyone calm down!

I forgot to add this. NEVER think that you can walk into the snake pit without a lawyer. That old saying about hiring yourself as your lawyer is a dumb move. And yes, I am sure he would just love to get you up on the stand. Then all bets are off. I always tell people who ask that if they think they need a lawyer… Well, that’s their answer.

A while back I was in danger of losing 30K. I knew I needed a lawyer to read the riot act to stop the bullshit. It stopped the baloney and here I am too, not taxpayer funded and quite comfy on my chaise posting here while eating bon bons. Even sent my attorney some 🙂

Huh? – I don’t know what I can do in terms of anonymous posters – but if someone is blatantly abusing it and I see they are the same person (IP address) I will note it. I have asked before and I will ask again for “OnTheBeachByNoon” to stick with one name.

It seems that whenever someone runs out of steam they toss in snark, as in I bet you are also supported by the tax payers. When someone makes a stoopid comment like that, it invalidates every thing they’ve said before. And just illuminates that they have zero to add to the conversation.

I do have a suggestion. Is it possible for signifying who is who among all the anonymous posters? I know that I am guilty myself of forgetting to fill in name etc sometimes… My mistake. I try not to forget. Anyway, I just get all verhutzed with the anonymous posters and honestly can’t keep them straight. I’m not asking for their identity… Just an identifier for clarity’s sake.

BTW, I for one have been reading your blog for a long time and I think I can vouch for you not being on the dole. 🙂

I get paid a salary to get a job done and that job always gets done. I am guessing you are also supported by the tax payers. What is it that you do all day?

I support every opinion and point I make with facts and law. Please point out one time I posted something that was actually false and not just contrary to your opinion.

LOL! You are guessing wrong. I am not supported by the tax payers! So much for your “facts.” Go play your troll games somewhere else!

What really cracks me up is that you think I’m a Stedman supporter. I really do not care for the guy. I don’t hate him, but I wouldn’t choose him as a judge either. But I absolutely hate hypocrites and people who ignore actual facts and refuse to acknowledge weaknesses and holes in their own arguments.

You’re getting on my nerves again! 🙂 I certainly hope you are not paid by the public to have all this time to send in comment after comment!

Aren’t you the one who argued it was fine that Sean Williams was tased by a Lancaster Police Officer while sitting on a sidewalk when 6 million people watched the video and disagreed with you. You said “he moved this foot and he moved that foot” and went on ad nauseam. Ridiculous!

Because it is all so very entertaining and amusing 🙂 I especially love how riled up you get when I or someone else challenges you with actual facts. My favorite is when you stop allowing my comments/replies. That is when I know I have really hit a sore spot.

You give yourself far too much credit! I cut you off when you don’t post actual facts and just send comment after comment after comment stating the same (untrue) thing!

This is nothing but a gossip blog lol

LOL! Then don’t read it! This is your fourth comment in already this morning (yes, this is our Stedman supporter – I can see IP addresses!) Why do you spend so much time here if it’s just a gossip blog???? 🙂 🙂

a bit out of line for you to be publishing their personal business to begin with. There are enough criticisms of public officials available without resorting to personal attacks and gossip column items.

I obviously disagree. These are public officials with a huge amount of control over Lancaster County. They are subject to public scrutiny and I don’t feel what I published was “gossip column items.”

15. my goodness says:

It was just a ploy to get you under oath and let the games begin. In view if this subpoena, it is now quite obvious that you are locally recognized as a force to be reckoned with. Keep fighting the good fight!

You should have saved yourself the money, gone to court, stated what you paid your lawyer to state and answered truthfully that you don’t, don’t recall, etc. Then you could have been a fly on the wall and run up everybody else’s legal fees, as well.

No thanks. That would not have been a good idea. Those are two extremely aggressive attorneys and I’m not getting on a stand before either one of them! This was a custody trial for heavens sake, not a murder trial!

*Edited to change my description of the attorneys to something “nicer!” 🙂

Carter Walker should wear Craig Stedman’s “mistrust” and criticisms of him like a Badge of Honor. If Stedman thinks he is “that bad”, that means Walker is an excellent journalist who does his job well. Funny how Stedman is so transparent I can see right through him.

18. my goodness says: