** – * WHAT ROLE DID RACE PLAY?

This entry was posted in Lancaster Courts, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

—  Doing some research this afternoon.  —

RESIGN NOW, STEDMAN

**   Oh, my heavens! Does Stedman really think the public (and the County Commissioners) are this stupid? This is the most ridiculous thing I have read in years (click here for the above LNP story). Resign, Stedman!

REMORSELESS OR INNOCENT?

*     Rentas did not apologize to any of the officers. He said to President Judge Reinaker:
      “Mr. Anderson wasn’t there. You [referring to the judge] weren’t there. You don’t know what really happened. I wasn’t shooting at anybody, I wasn’t trying to kill anybody… I’m young. It’s not even where I wanted to be.”
From the incredibly slanted CrimeWatch post by DA spokesman Brett Hambright on Rentas’ sentencing, ” ‘Entirely Remorseless’ Man who Fired at Police in Columbia Jailed up to 62 Years,” (click here).
      Was Rentas really trying to kill police? Or was he incredibly stupidly shooting out a window for something to do? Oh, this story blew up huge in the news! Huge. And it was all about race and what was going on in the country at the time. But was it all in error? And what ever happened with Blanding Watson and the Lancaster NAACP who jumped into this case with both feet? Did they let this kid down? Have they done anything at all?
      Remember (click here):
      You can shoot into occupied homes if you are a good ol’ white boy in Lititz!

***

CRUEL AND
UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT!

This is part of a Letter to the Editor in today’s LNP print edition (click here to read the entire letter online).

Thank you letter writer, Carol Heisey. This case has bothered me as well. There are several cases I have covered over the last few years where justice was not done and District Attorney Stedman knew it and approved it.
     And there are those cases where there was an influential parent/political buddy of the DA where they did literally got a slap on the wrist or nothing at all!

10 Responses to ** – * WHAT ROLE DID RACE PLAY?

1. Layne Kisster says:

Anonymous…How I hope you are correct

I have set the countdown clock to the grand IMPLOSION. 3-2-1..

Would not be so sure Lang. With every move he’s looking worse and worse & pissing more people off. If voters find out muckety mucks knew certain things and did nothing there will be hell to pay. That’s called collusion, criminal conspiracy …and more. Nobody cares enuf about this asshole to go to jail for him. His wife might lie for him, but not so…everyone else. Its not Nice to FOOL Mother Nature. He becomes a bigger embarrassment each and every second. Im sure he has as many enemies giving up info rt. now as he has “friends”. I’ll bet it SUCKS to be him right now. LMAO

4. Layne Kisster says:

-Steadman will not resign
    -Steadmn will not be removed from office
    -Stedman will be elected to the bench
    -Yes. There are people who actually believe he’s telling the truth, and those sweetheart deals with Scott Martin’s sister, and Bryan Cutler’s brother-in-law, weren’t really sweetheart deals at all. They were being showed “compassion”

This Lancaster County. A child molesting, pro-choice, Satanist who wants to abolish the second amendment and order police to go door to door seizing guns, would get elected so long as they’re a Republican.

No, that isn’t the incident I was thinking of.

Didn’t some kid shoot a gun in Manheim, or some other county town in public in broad daylight and did even get a slap on the wrist? IIRC, he was shooting in a residential area

I just had to correct what the other Anonymous above incorrectly stated when he said “the Superior Court has already ruled that firing a weapon where no one was injured is not, even, ‘disorderly conduct'”. That case (Com. v. Coon) does not say what Anonymous thinks and he should read it again. That whole case was about the specific intent required for a heightened misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct, which that particular defendant was charged with. He was not being charged with a summary offense of disorderly conduct, which only requires a reckless disregard. Had he been charged with the simple summary, I’m pretty positive it would have been a different outcome. Furthermore, the fact that the defendant didn’t aim at anyone and only fired to get everyone’s attention, was not contested in that case like it was in this one.

I’m not arguing with the overall point Anonymous or anyone else is trying to make, but I thought that should be cleared up. If you shoot into a crowd, you can absolutely be convicted of disorderly conduct.

I just read the Superior Court decision and I hope assistant public defender Diana Catherine Kelleher files for an allowance of appeal to the Supreme Court. Here is why: The unconstitutionality of this mandatory minimum is that it places a higher value on a police officer’s life than it does yours or mine. But police officers are notorious liars. Everyone knows that. The crime required “intent”, but the prosecution in Lancaster County is so rife with legal abuse that it is not reliable, and the police sargeant who claims he was the intended target is, himself, a notorious liar. I was going to file a complaint against him regarding something else and did not. Now I wish I had. While it is too late to try this man’s case at the trial court level, this case smacks of malicious prosecution and points out the need for guidelines that are fair to everyone. If the cop had said to prosecutors that he was okay with a plea deal, or something, it would not have gone to trial, but the cop is a prick and Craig Stedman is a copsucker. The abuse of discretion began with the D.A. and the judge’s hands were tied. I am quite sure the testimony was embellished. Either way, this minimum is unconstitutional, as the Superior Court has already ruled that firing a weapon where no one was injured is not, even, “disorderly conduct”. This poor kid didn’t stand a chance in this corrupt county. And that West Hempfield cop’s life isn’t worth any more than yours OR mine. This needs to STOP!

9. my goodness says:

Yeah, compare this with Scott Martin’s sister, Ryan Cutler’s brother in law and quite a few others where people were actually killed and maimed. Do the powers that be really think we are total idiots? To answer my own question, yes. Lady Justices right arm is dragging on the ground here in Lancaster County.