UPDATED – ARE YOU MISINFORMED?

This entry was posted in Convention Center, Lancaster Courts, Lancaster Newspapers, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

According to today’s court schedule (below), Joseph Valentin, Jr. was scheduled to enter a guilty plea today to 34 counts of sexual abuse of children (see yesterday’s post).
       His dockets have not been updated so I will follow-up on Monday.

****

BETTER NEWS COVERAGE!

The headline to a Letter to the Editor in today’s LNP (click here).

This is why more government organizations need to livestream their meetings and release documents on their websites! That’s why I’ve been hounding the city to get their livestream working properly. If you only get your city news from LNP reporter Tim Stuhldreher, you are seriously misinformed!

15 Responses to UPDATED – ARE YOU MISINFORMED?

One other thing to add, he probably was required to post bail, but probably not the original. The request would have included a request to modify bail with consideration given to the fact he isn’t being released into community, but a residential facility. That is what usually happens, including with drug/mental health offenders going into treatment facilities.

Hard to find information, being an organization run by plain people, but I know they have an outpatient facility in New Holland and a residential facility in Cumberland County. He would be located in the 24 hour facility in Cumberland County. If you Google it, they have been mentioned in the media on a couple prior occasions.

This happens all the time with Amish and Mennonite offenders, it doesn’t mean he is connected. I’ve never agreed with it. They liken it to certain, usually first time, drug offenders being transferred to drug treatment facilities/programs pending their charges. The DA doesn’t facilitate it, the defense attorney works with the Amish leaders of Whispering Hope and applies to the court for it. Like I said, I’ve never agreed with it, but it is not unusual.

There HAS to be some sort of connection. You don’t get to leave the prison for a place you can bolt from.

I really really hope that the real press investigates.

This Whispering Hope place sounds just like the place in New Mexico where pedo priests were sent to.

At the very least we KNOW how the Amish and Mennonites deal with men like him… They blame the victims and beat them onto submission.

It is heartbreaking that this man has been let out. I fear for those children.

5. Layne Kisster says:

Huh? No I’m not. No one posted bail. Presumably because he was transferred to another facility.

And who put up the two million dollar bail? Is that public information?

Oh my everloving f#cking God. There IS a Whispering Hope.

If Smucker IS there, he’s GOT to be related to “that” Smucker. There is no other explanation
    This perv ruined the entire lives of those children.

But call for help when you are a Black African woman giving birth and he’ll put you on ice for the rest of your life.

I sincerely hope that a REAL newspaper gets wind of this IF it’s true and starts digging up the Smucker roots. BTW, “the other Smucker” is one of eleven children of whom only one, a sister, remained in the Amish faith. Even his parents were banished from the religion.

You’re joking I hope Layne Kisster.

9. Layne Kisster says:

Accused Amish child molester David Smucker has been removed from LCP and now resides at Whispering Hope-a facility for Amish and Mennonite sex offenders run by…Amish and Mennonites. Guess what DA running for judge help facilitate this transfer?

10. Rednek says:

Hi Becky….yes your link worked. However, when going onto LOL I couldn’t find the letter….”surprise, surprise, surprise”…….Gomer Pyle

11. Rednek says:

I can’t find the letter online. Interesting hope the last article on Steadman disappeared in less than 24 hours!!!

Well I can’t read the letter to the editor on line because I have to pay to read it! Go figure.

13. Mike emrick says:

LNP pushes propaganda, it is not a source for critically analyzed information. More citizens should take aim at becoming an information source like Becky and LIP News. I think it’s absurd when LNP posts an article like, “Police seek public’s assistance with identifying suspect.” But you have to pay to read the article/ see the picture.