AFTERNOON UPDATE * 12-10-18 UPDATE – WHERE ARE YOUR REPORTERS, TOM MURSE?

This entry was posted in Convention Center, Lancaster Courts, Lancaster Newspapers, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

OH, CHRISTMAS TREE!

Believe it or not, this is LNP’s lead story online this afternoon (pictured left). Now, let me say right up front that I am very sorry that this couple lost a tree lest you think I am a grinch. But the lead story?
     The Manheim Township Police Department were very thorough in their investigation and even include the three evidence photos shown above in their press release (click here)!
     And LNP even sent a photographer for another picture with the owner and the bow he tied around the remaining stub. They might even have sent the reporter as well or maybe he just spoke with the owner by phone.
     Don’t you wish LNP would put this much effort into (more important) stories?

******

WHO CAN AFFORD THIS?

*    Apparently LNP is trying to downplay the city’s 2019 tax increases by having several articles about the growing restaurant scene in the city and their own Marriott Hotel.
       I was intrigued by this sentence from one:
     Amorette, which opened in May, points to its fine-dining menu, sophisticated service and elegant décor.
     So, I decided to look them up. Below is their lunch entrée menu and pricing or you can have three courses for $38.00 (click here):
     The four course prix fixe dinner is $78.00. The seven course tasting menu is $137.00 – but never fear – there is a vegetarian option available for that price.
     Who can afford this except for the Steinman family?

******

— 12-10-18 UPDATE —

HOW MUCH OF YOUR MONEY?

A lead story on Lancaster Online this morning (click here).

How much of your money is LNP using for their for-profit, off the tax-rolls Marriott Hotel – and why?

LNP: INVESTIGATE THIS!

Comments posted under the live-stream of city council’s 2019 budget meeting yesterday on the “See-Thru City – Lancaster, PA” Facebook page.

Very well said! Hey, Tom Murse, Managing Editor of LNP and the Caucus, why don’t you have your reporters investigate this blatant PA government waste and fraud of the taxpayer’s money?
      Oh, that’s right! You don’t investigate it because you are a direct recipient of the waste and fraud!

17 Responses to AFTERNOON UPDATE * 12-10-18 UPDATE – WHERE ARE YOUR REPORTERS, TOM MURSE?

That last one went through. Not sure if because it was a paste that it wouldn’t work

Yes. Keep getting the forbidden message since last night. Trying again

Testing

4. Lang Kisster says:

I’m not supporting theft, and I know i’d be p*ssed off if someone came onto my property and did this, and I would call the police to report it. But come on. Lead story and treating it like it’s a major crime? Can you imagine what would happen if this much energy and law enforcement manpower hours were put into solving actual danger to society type crimes? I take it the roadblocks and helicopter sweeps haven’t yielded any results?

5. Also Anon says:

“Limited Partner” means “limited’ in how much we can tell you….

Regarding the tree theft and sending an LNP photographer as well, contrast that with the fact that for the stories all related to the tragedy with the Warwick High School kids, they used a photo of the high school from 2010.

It’s also pretty surprising that their proposal was chosen over Steinman’s offer, even while being a half million dollars lower.

Interesting to see if that starts to color any LNP reporting on the Mayor.

The Mariott article Becky linked today also used some interesting language describing the Marriott project…

“The downtown Marriott is owned and operated by Penn Square Partners in a building leased from the city Redevelopment Authority. The general partner in Penn Square Partners is an affiliate of High Real Estate Group. An affiliate of LNP Media Group, publisher of LNP and operator of the website LancasterOnline, is a limited partner.”

Thanks for posting this link. I think brought me up to speed on all fronts. The comment under the article by Lyn Scott Paden is one of the best synopses I’ve read in a long time about how a food desert was created and how gentrification from the top down once again failed spectacularly.

No it’s not moving. My understanding is that it was sold to a irish relative and that Joe still owns the building.

My point was is that he has now been inducted into the CRIZ and cheap redevelpment authority property club, so likely won’t complain about the Mariott providing competition.

So will Tellus360 be moving to the Southern Market? I was under the impression that the Southern Market was used by the city for offices. I admit I am woefully behind the times on certain city stuff.

I think what Tellus 360 did with that blighted building is pretty cool, creative and commendable. I think overall Lancaster is lucky to have it. It’s a good example of the free market working and coming up with something good that doesn’t need propped up with public dollars and insider deals.

But I don’t think we should be worring too much about Tellus 360’s relationship with the future Marriot. The founder recently sold the business and is now being granted the South Market Building for way under market value, and will be most assuredly getting a very fair share of CRIZ to get started there.

I have friends and family who love Telus360. Hope I spelled that correctly. Sad part is that I don’t think that they realise or fathom the conflict of interest pertaining to the upcoming new rooftop bar.

I honestly don’t think that most people understand what’s going on. But much like the urban renewal debacle and the repeatedly failing Lancaster Square, the actuality of what is happening won’t be apparent for years.

13. Ohwellist says:

Huh?’s 100% right! They want to compete with their neighbor on same block with roof top bar. Billy’s right also smh. This is greed!

In the past week I posted how not only did small businesses have to submit CRIZ paperwork under penalty of law – revealing confidential information that could possibly be used by their behemoth competitor. And that the more CRIZ money the PSP gets the more likely that they will use taxpayer money to compete with those smaller businesses.

And

Here you have it. Using monies to upgrade and build in competitive businesses.

When will local businesses revolt?

15. Lang Kisster says:

A story like that could take up valuable column inches reserved for the “Tell Us About Your Favorite Christmas Memory” contest.