AFTERNOON UPDATE – LNP: ABSOLUTELY UNPRINCIPLED!

This entry was posted in Convention Center, Lancaster Courts, Lancaster Newspapers, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

NOT
STATISTICALLY POSSIBLE!

I am told by a person attending this trial that the jury is all white. How is this possible? Why doesn’t LNP report the racial and ethnic make-up of juries in Lancaster County?
     This is an outrage and there will be much more tomorrow.

LNP: TELL THE TRUTH!

Today’s LNP editorial (click here).

This is beyond absurd and disgusting. LNP why don’t you try this basic principle: Tell the truth!

6 Responses to AFTERNOON UPDATE – LNP: ABSOLUTELY UNPRINCIPLED!

1. Lang Kisster says:

Simple why they didn’t report it Becky.
    -It wasn’t in the press release
    -It’s LNP

2. Anonymous #999 says:

Kinda funny that in a city with nearly 200 street cameras, a resident’s home security camera is what may ultimately convict this guy.

3. barry in winnipeg says:

I lived in Pennsylvania from 2000 to 2009. In that time I received one summons for jury duty in a Federal case. I claimed a deferment due to my professional duties (I was an ordained minister at that time). Now I don’t know how many jurors Lancaster County requires in the course of a year, but it would be interesting to see what percentage of our eligible population that is. Still, one would expect that the same percentage of minority citizens would be called to jury duty as is their percentage of the total population. An all-white jury–how often does that happen? It shouldn’t, if everyone is entitled to trial by a jury of their peers.

I remember well the messed up way that Lancaster county used to choose jurors. Old corrupt habits die hard

5. My 2 cents says:

It’s possible because jury pool selection in random, the county population is predominantly white, and jury selection is determined by the prosecution and defense attorneys. This is not something that can be fought or changed. Like it or not this is how it is. However, LNP could publish it but they choose not to.

I completely disagree!

The Jury Selection Process
      The process of selecting jurors begins with a list supplied by the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC). AOPC compiles these names from the Department of Human Services, the Department of Transportation, the Department of Revenue, and the Department of State. Names are then selected randomly from this list by the jury computer software of any individual 18 years of age or older, who has not served in the past three years, to be summoned for jury duty.

The Jury Selection Process