AFTERNOON UPDATE – * SAY CHEESE!

This entry was posted in General News. Bookmark the permalink.

**    Savilla Stoltzfus’ lawyers last week asked a judge to reduce her $1 million bail.
This sentence is from the Philadelphia Inquirer article, “Girls taken from Bucks house say they were not abused” (click here), and also the topic of my email to the reporter, Justine McDaniel, that is reprinted below.
     For over a week, all the major news organizations have been throwing out that her bail (including the other two as well) is $1 million. Not once have they mentioned the crucial fact that it is actually 10% of 1 million!
     One more time – this is not correct and gives the public the completely wrong idea of how much money she needs to get out of jail on bail!
     I posted this on the Inquirer’s Facebook page under the story:
Stoltzfus3      This is unbelievable!

*  No, Justine McDaniel of the Philadelphia Inquirer – your sentence is NOT correct! Our email exchange is below.

Stoltzfus4

MAYOR GRAY
GETS CORNY!

Corny Mayor

Mayor Gray appropriately went straight for the corn at yesterday’s Celebrate Lancaster event! His wife, Gail, took a more modest approach to the food!

7 Responses to AFTERNOON UPDATE – * SAY CHEESE!

Thank you my goodness. I will pass that along to her.

2. my goodness says:

Lancaster Historical Society may be worth a call and a visit

Thank you Becky. I am specifically looking for a police officer who was on the force in the early fifties. My friend wanted to reconnect but because of her age she can’t remember his name. I was hoping there was a list somewhere that she might look over to see if she sees a name that rings a bell. I’m going to suggest that she call the department and see if they have any historical records or a museum of sorts that she can take advantage of.

Off topic. Do you happen to have ever come across a roster of LPD officers through the years? Broken down by year etc? A friend is trying to contact an officer but she doesn’t remember his name and a list might jog her memory.

PS if you don’t know of any, please just delete my post and i will know that you don’t. Thank you.

You have hit on one of my major pet peeves. Every member of the LPD should be listed on their website along with their badge number and also a photo.

The only place I know for a list is RateMyCop and their list is out-of-date but again, the only one I know of. Their site is extremely quirky and this link might not work and you very often get error messages.

5. Frank Lee says:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was a new bow tie