* UPDATED – THEY KNEW YOU WERE COMING…

This entry was posted in Convention Center, Lancaster Courts, Lancaster Newspapers, Lancaster Prison, Police, Racism, Unsolved Murders. Bookmark the permalink.

LNP TAKES A DIVE!

Welcome! We’ve assembled everything you need to make your visit to Lancaster County a success. We’re experts on Lancaster—we’ve been publishing the newspaper here for more than 200 years. So we know where to find the best stuff around here.
      We’ve put it all together for you in a series of easy-to-use lists, relying on our expertise and opinions from people who live here; some even list the favorites of local celebrities like Lancaster Mayor Rick Gray.

From LNP’s new website VisitLancaster.com (click here).
     This showed up on my Facebook feed this morning:

visit lancaster1      And it means that LNP has given up any pretense of being a news organization and now is nothing more than an entertainment and tourist promotion machine for their Marriott Hotel and convention center. And they just continue to kiss up to their puppet, Mayor Gray, because they want those millions in CRIZ money!
     Please notice that “court reporter” Brett Hambright does their piece on “Best Dive Bars” (click here and page to the bottom for his “credit”) which is fitting and probably where he spends most of his time while he’s supposed to be in court. And I’m surprised LNP cat and dog reporter Tom (I need a nap) Knapp doesn’t have a piece on the best puppy mills in the county – or maybe it’s coming!
     Please check back tomorrow for an in-depth look at LNP’s three top stories from this morning.

& THEY BAKED YOU A CAKE!

I survived lunch

These are the top three stories on Lancaster Online this morning. And they call themselves a newspaper? Seriously? Executive Editor Barbara Hough Roda should hang her head in shame. Can you survive another edition of LNP?

19 Responses to * UPDATED – THEY KNEW YOU WERE COMING…

1. Frank Lee says:

A lead story the other day on Mayor Dick wearing an orange bow-tie to protest violence did it for me. In the first sentence it’s mentioned the orange bow-tie was but one in his collection of 400 bow-ties. It’s downward spiral and abandonment of ethics and responsibility to the public at large is a joke so bad, it’s no longer funny. When prom and HS graduation stories and photo spreads are considered news, it’s time to stop laughing.

2. Rednek says:

As it has been so astutely stated before…..LNP – Least News Possible!!

LNP has totally lost it’s way in terms of being a ‘news organization’…it has become nothing more than a shill for ‘vibrant, robust’ downtown Lancaster and Mayor Bowtie.

The added pages of ‘content’ that Barbara brags about are really nothing more than advertisements, which I totally ignore.

This ‘newspaper’ has become a farce to journalism and would best serve the readership and tax-paying citizens of Lancaster City and County by simply ‘going away as soon as possible.

3. Daisy Myers says:

Becky:
    Here is how Trinity services group from flor I duh turns a profit on a $1.01 plate of food:

Figures below.

3,000 meals per day = $3,000 per day = $1,095,000 per year = about $2,2 million for 2 years.

The contract is for $2.7 million for 2 years, so it looks like Trinity makes about $500,000 for the 2 years.

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Daisy Myers wrote:
    . They serve as the food vendor, for Lancaster prison. They serve 3,000 meals a day at a dollar a tray.
    See video and calculate your findings.  Thanks.

PS – the logo at the top of the page for Visit Lancaster looks like they held a contest at a middle school to create one.

The only cliché that is missing is Comic Sans.

Ever since they were forced to divest themselves of the radio and television stations (at one time the Steinmans owned ALL the media in Lancaster), I’m sure they’ve been hankering for a foot back in the door.

Do you think that they will cater to the majority population in Lancaster city? Maybe Ludicris, Snoop Dogg, Fifty Cent will do a show at the Con to kick it off.

Nahhhh, I just saw that they have some milquetoast skinny white broad named Sarah Evans performing. I’ve never heard of her…

Doesn’t the LNP do a best of list already?

7. Daisy Myers says:

For-profit
    Trinity services group of flor i duh made $500,000. I guess no cheese is a good thing.. no ‘bun’ intended.

How did they make that plate for $1.01 and still make a profit? I don’t care how much you buy in huge bulk – they can’t do that everyday for lunch and have anything left over to pay for breakfast and dinner!

Barry: here’s a great link for that song for all the “youngsters” here:

9. Barry in Winnipeg says:

I remember that song from the 1950’s (“If I knew you were coming, I’d have baked you a cake”)… even remember watching Arthur Godfrey sing it on his television show. I added this little bit of nostalgia for all your young and hip readers who might miss the reference. Have a great weekend!

10. Frank Lee says:

huh? Sure would make for an interesting scenario mayor Shmoo asks him the question “do you feel unsafe?”

Mayor Shmoo: Frankly, do you feel unsafe? Hey! Didn’t I defend you once on child molestation charges? Frankly, that was some time ago. Frankly, you should have been out a while ago, or were you convicted again and just getting out now?

Oh, man, they take the popsicle sticks out of the corn dogs. How can the inmates create decent prisoner art like bird houses if they do that??

I know, I know, wooden popsicle sticks can be sharpened into knives… gone are the days of prison outsider art. First Fridays is missing a real resource there.

12. Frank Lee says:

The orange bow-tie story did it for me. That litter box liner has become a joke that’s no longer funny.

13. Frank Lee says:

No cheese?

14. Rednek says:

I wonder…..how many “illegal” transactions take place between “consenting adults” within the friendly confines of downtown hotels?

Maybe this is something for our ace investigative reporter Gil Smart to look in to.

Provided, of course. that he is allowed to leave his cubicle. I can just see him setting up a sting operation at the Lancaster Marriott!!

15. Gee Wiz says:

Now girl………don’t you know corn bread when you see it and is that a deep fried corn dog too ??