* UPDATED 1-6-13 – THE FIVE REMAINING…Posted on January 5th, 2013 4 comments
* Due to personal circumstances, LIP News will not publish today and posting over the next few days will be occasional at best.
WORST OF THE WORST!
6. Lancaster Police Detective Chris DePatto – If you can’t figure out who killed 83-year-old Erma Kaylor in her West Vine Street home, then you have no business being paid by the people of Lancaster. Period.
Click here for “OR THE GREATEST CROCK!“ and there will be much more on this unsolved, horrific murder next week.
7. Ernie Schreiber – Quite simply, the new Executive Editor of the Lancaster Newspapers is a liar and he follows the Steinman rule book to a tee. There was this astonishing quote from Ernie when the new editors were named (click here for “WHO‘S MISSING?”):
It also will allow the newspaper to “report regularly on the many nationalities who now call Lancaster County home,” he said. “That means coverage of Hispanic Lancaster, of course. But also Vietnamese, Hmong, Burmese, Russian, Turk [and] Serbian communities here, among others.
And it means a return to robust coverage of Pennsylvania Dutch life and culture, which remains the heart of Lancaster County culture and values.”
A commenter to this site hit the nail on the head about his very carefully worded, detailed statement:
Who’s missing? I guess that the historic African American community in Lancaster might be.
Then again, look how Ernie described the groups he’s going to ‘highlight.’ He’s called them “nationalities” – sidestepping the issue.
Yes, he’s following the racist agenda of the Steinmans! And this man is a Quaker! And the Lancaster Newspaper code for “Pennsylvania Dutch life and culture?” That stands for white!
Also, his failure to hold the Lancaster Police force accountable and protect the public is simply astonishing and deeply disturbing and he lied directly to me about that. There will be much more on that in the weeks to come.
8. Marv Adams – quite simply, the new Print Editor is a joke. Why in the world do you take a man who has insulted his Sunday News readers for years with his “You can’t make this kind of stuff up” line the editor of all the papers? He’s not liked or respected by anyone and he shouldn’t be.
As the editor of the Sunday News, week after week he writes an insulting and pathetic column based on the police logs and making fun of those arrested. And yet, what he does not do, is hold the police accountable.
Why don’t you do an investigative report every week on one of the unsolved murders in the county, Marv? That should take you into the summer and increase your readership by 25 percent at a minimum. And a murderer might actually be arrested as a result and you could bring peace and closure to the family and friends of the victims.
9. Jarred Berkihiser – This Lancaster Detective laughed at the public and a reporter on camera – click here for “3 STABBINGS, 2 SHOOTINGS – NO ARRESTS!” Enough said. There still has not been an arrest in the stabbing that left a man in critical condition.
10. Chris Larsen – The First Assistant District Attorney made a fool of himself at a press conference (click here for “I WANT TO BE DA SOMEDAY!“ ).
His absurd praise for the police actually doing what we pay them to do is totally over-the-top. This was not a hard case, Chris. Most people had figured out it was the roommate when they first heard the news! When the police get called to a cardiac arrest and find the victim’s face and throat slashed with a meat cleaver and blood everywhere, it doesn’t even take a “trained professional” to figure things out.
And what the hell is the nonsense about putting their personal lives on hold? The man’s body was found early Tuesday morning and the arrest was made early Friday morning. That’s less than 72 hours! And if one of the police detectives had a serious family issue or meeting he or she needed to attend, then certainly other detectives could step in for them. No one needed to work “around-the-clock” on this one and what about firemen, emergency responders, ambulance and hospital personnel to name a few other professions where personal lives are interrupted and some things have to be put on hold?
And yes, it’s a very good thing that this “brutal murderer” is off the street. Now, why don’t those detectives get the brutal murderers of Olga Sanchez-Reyes and Erma Kaylor off the street and make arrests in the numerous unsolved murders in the city as well?
As the second highest ranking law enforcement official in Lancaster County, your over-the-top praise of incompetent detectives is alarming, to say the least.
The two honorary members of the worst list will be coming. Actually, I think I might give each their own day next week and lighten things up with the best tomorrow.
4 responses to “* UPDATED 1-6-13 – THE FIVE REMAINING…”
Next time I should check my notes before I hit “publish.” But we all know what Ernie Schreiber and Marv Adams write about the hotel/convention center.
You really have to get out more, Becky. Chris Larsen is a fantastic DA with genuine concerns for the people. He is like night and day compared to Stedman. Great guy, we would be better for having him.
And about Erma – who killed her?
Pencil Neck January 6th, 2013 at 15:36
Apparently you need to stay in more! Larsen is a lousy DA and a source of many of the issues in the DA’s department. He is an arrogant, pencil necked little prick who does not appear to be at all concerned with justice but only with winning at all costs and grinding defendants and their families into submission.
So by saying he’s “not at all concerned with justice, but only winning at all costs and grinding defendants and their families into submission” you mean he is putting criminals away? Because that’s what you just described, and what you described IS justice. Sorry if you disagree. I’m a little curious how you would know all of his cases and all the details of those cases to make such negative judgements against him…..