A JURY OF HIS PEERS?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?

A spectator in David Jordan’s murder trial asks LNP reporter Janet Kelley on Monday why his jury is all white.

Two days later, the County Commissioners do away with the Human Relations Commission (click here).

About Becky

Becky Holzinger 209 E. Duval Street Phila., PA 19144 Phone: (215) 350-5849

15 Responses to A JURY OF HIS PEERS?

1. Color Blind says:

Anonymous, you must not read Becky’s site very often. Love her or hate her, one thing any of her readers know is that Becky is as color blind as a person can be. Suggesting that she has done anything that even touches on being racist is so, so wrong.

What a racist question the spectator asks. Is the spectator saying the color of a person’s skin should come into question when being asked to serve on a jury? I would hope we got away from this type of thinking. Remember the 50’s, where there were “white’s only” bathrooms and water fountains. Is the spectator suggesting there should be “black’s only” juries? If so, the spectator is saying that our peers are based on the color of their skin which is what we got away from in the 50’s. When we are able to look at the character of a person and not the color of their skin will be able to take another step to erasing racism. What difference does it make if the jury was all white? It is only a problem if you have a prejudice based on skin color. The tag line of this entry asks “A jury of his peers?” Shame on you for having to ask. The tag line alone smells of racism.

3. barryinwinnipeg says:

I don’t see the tie-in between a jury selection in which the defendant’s attorney could reject a certain number of jurors, and the abolition of the human rights commission, which was intended to safeguard citizens against discrimination based on gender, religion, etc. What I do see–as a former County employee (retired July 2009–is that Lancaster County, faced with declining revenue (as are all branches of government)is part of a larger trend to reduce government services. One might argue the specifics of any individual County decision, but maybe your readers would rather focus on the prosecutor’s attire and what a thief is going to do with a stash of stolen clothes. I admit I get a dose of “compassion fatigue” myself from time to time.

4. Jodi says:

Even @ 40.00 bucks a bra over 4 grand is alot of stuffing

5. Jodi says:

Lol…Paperartiate…….but I don’t think 40 DDD would quite be big enough…..

6. paperartiste says:

You go into the try-on room a 32-A and leave the store a va-va-va-voom 40-DDD!

7. William H. says:

I don’t know that you do Jodi. It’s possible an underpaid clerk saw, but didn’t give a shit and went back to their ipod. Or there were a few people in on it. One or two “customers” keep the clerk busy with questions and needing help finding something, while at the others boost merchandise. Retail theft is fairly easy.

8. Jodi says:

But how is the world do you leave the store unnoticed?

9. William H. says:

You flatter me Becky! How does a person boost 100 plus bras? I’m guessing an underpaid clerk not giving a shit has alot to do with it.

10. Jodi says:

LOl..Becky I’m sure he has an answer.

11. Jodi says:

Sorry didn’t mean to take away anything from your story. I just found this amazing. Guess we weren’t on the same wave length this am… With all the skirt talk yesterday, I found it anoying sitting there watching her prance around in a skirt that was to small and tight. With all the money she makes it’s time to buy a new suit for court.

12. Jodi says:

How do you get out of a mall w/ all of those bras??

13. Jodi says:

I was wondering how this was possible?. http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/313763